SF.Eater.com just published a wonderful guide to some of San Francisco’s best vegetarian restaurants. It includes an interactive map, making it easy to locate all of these places.
In San Francisco, according to the piece, nearly every classic dish from virtually any cuisine — including Thai, Chinese, Mexican and Southern soul food — has a vegetarian-friendly counterpart. And the options are so satisfying that you don’t have to be a staunch plant eater to have an amazing meal.
Here are five of our favorites on their list:
- Indochine 508 Valencia Street Meat and dairy free Korean recipes
- Shizen 370 14th Street – Modern zen vegan sushi bar and izakaya
- Udupi Palace 1007 Valencia Street – South Indian cuisine all without meat
- Gracias Madre 2211 Mission Street – Vegan Mexican food
- Thai Idea 710 Polk Street The only Thai vegetarian restaurant in the City