It’s getting darker earlier in the evening, and it’s cold out. Maybe there’s no better time of year to enjoy a nice big steak in a warm, welcoming, richly appointed restaurant.
SFist.com recently posted a list of their ten favorite San Francisco steakhouses. Some are absurdly expensive, some less so. In each case, the photos and descriptions are killer. We don’t think it’s possible to visit this page and not make reservations for at least one of these spots soon after. To see the entire feature, click here.
Here are their picks:
- 5A5 Steakhouse 244 Jackson Street between Front and Battery
- Alexander’s Steakhouse 448 Brannan Street between Ritch and 4th
- Alfred’s Steakhouse 659 Merchant Street between Kearny and Montgomery
- Bobo’s 1450 Lombard Street between Van Ness and Franklin
- Epic Steak 369 Embarcadero
- Harris’ Restaurant 2100 Van Ness Avenue at Pacific
- House of Prime Rib 1906 Van Ness Avenue between Washington and Jackson
- Leatherneck Steakhouse 609 Sutter Street between Mason and Taylor
- Lolinda 2518 Mission Street between 21st and 22nd
- Osso Steakhouse 1177 California Street between Jones and Taylor